Competitive Skate a Galnce
Skaters who wish to challenge their figure skating skills and who show potential as competitive skaters can participate in the CompetitiveSkate program.
It’s more than just skating!
Skaters enrolled in CompetitiveSkate learn a variety of life skills as they progress up the competitive ladder. These include goal setting, focus, ability to deal with success/failure, time management and principles of fair play and sportsmanship. In addition to the life skill benefits, skaters in this program receive:
- access to provincial and national funding programs (as applicable)
- the opportunity to be selected to Skate Canada’s National Team
- the opportunity to compete at Skate Canada Sectionals, Skate Canada Challenge, and/or the Canadian Figure Skating Championships
- opportunity and potential to be selected to represent Canada internationally
- access to sport science services
Click Here for Skate Canada Full Program Description